My research and SW development for IP based netwotwork applications focuses these days on security and IPv6 support.
Currently under investigation/development:
- A proposal for Stateful Router Solicitation for SLAAC.
- Extending Dan Bernstein's UCSPI packet to support IPv6-based tcpserver, tcpclient communication with state-of-the-art filter possiblities: UCSPI-TCP6.
- Enhancements for UCSPI-SSL in particular full qualified IPv6 support.
- An integrated DJBDNSCurve6 solution.
- The successor of Qmail, called s/qmail.
Within my SW deployment, I use Bernstein's slashpackage format and install mechanism. However, building of slashpackage conforming packets is not documented, except by a briefing of Wayne Marshall and me (the PDF Download file is in english).